2/26/07

King and Chief Probably Had a Big Beef

There's a running food fight between N.Y. Times food critic Frank Bruni and restaurateur Jeffrey Chodorow, whose new Manhattan steakhouse, Kobe Club, Bruni skewered recently.

Chodorow responded with a $40,000 ad in the Times, forcing Bruni to actually go out and buy the paper instead of reading it online. (Hey, shouldn't he get a free subscription?)

Best quote from another star chef: "If Frank Bruni had poorly reviewed one of my restaurants, I might have pulled a Tonya Harding and broken his kneecaps. I’d have thought, Dude, I’ve gotta do something."

Did I just write "star chef"? I apologize. You may now slap me across the face with a raw turbot fillet 39-foot Colossal Squid.

2 comments:

Anthony said...

if i were Frank B, and i'm not, here would be my one-word response: ngich.

other than New York, only Vegas can, er, stomach such a dining experience. (maybe that's what people are paying for. that gives me an idea ... Fight Club Sandwich!)

E.L.M. said...

OMG. I love it. That's your best food idea since Porn Tortillas.