1-1/2 oz. Tanqueray Rangpur gin3/4 oz. Campari
3/4 oz. Villa Italia blood orange soda from Trader Joe's
Shake with ice, and serve up.
I came up with this on Friday night. It's descended from the Negroni; I'm starting to think that any drink that's one-third sweet vermouth needs a tweak. I even put a shake of Angostura bitters in there just to see how it would work alongside the Campari, but it wasn't necessary. This is a summertime drink best served very cold on a warm evening. It works as an apertif. Pair with something by Lee Morgan.
The Tanqueray Rangpur probably works in a G&T, but it's not Martini material; I guess you could work with it in a Gimlet too. Inessential in your liquor cabinet.
Name my drink?
4 comments:
The Orange Roughy
The Tanqueray Rangpur makes a wonderful G&T. It's my current favorite for the summer season. I'm having trouble finding any in stock this week, though!
Only reason I bought it was the Safeway sale price!
I haven't seen it at the locla Safeway yet, but I'll check again!
Post a Comment