8/6/07

Review: Bodega Bistro

I'll keep it short: Best Viet food I've had in San Francisco and perhaps the best meal I've had all year. The best dish among many was the roast squab appetizer, served atop caramelized onions and golden raisins and with a salty lemon pepper dipping sauce on the side. Bonus points that they serve it with the head and claws for the adventurous to gnaw.

Also delicious: the papaya salad, tossed by the waiter at the table, which saves it from the typical papaya-salad fate of getting too mushy; the roast pork and vermicelli (bun) with lettuce leaf wrap; and the three-kinds-of-beef pho, with a broth that was rich but not greasy.

3 comments:

Anthony said...

where is it?

Anthony said...

the Chron loved it:

http://tinyurl.com/4o4u8

Barry R. Owen said...

Recommended review rules:

Cite location. Cite cost. Re. location, not just n'hood, street and number. Deets please...