4/2/07

Back like Plumpjack

After nine days of letting the hair down with the little lady, K and I went to get cleaned up and then got a little snack at Pizza Inferno, that place on Sutter and Fillmore, which actually wasn't bad at all.

The place, full of lively color with a couple of flat screens (tonight featuring the NCAA final), specializes in square pizzas that could be a little thinner and crisper, but let me assure you that they are lightly sauced and that the ingredients are fresh and toothsome. (You can also just have some olive oil brushed on.) The tap also featured Arrogant Bastard Ale from a brewery I've never even heard of. (Turns out during weekdays they have a happy hour on pints and pitchers, as well as a two-for-one pizza deal until 6:30.)

K and I split a salad and a fancy veggie with artichoke hearts, Roma tomatoes, roasted peppers and maybe other goodies, and you think that it's not enough food, but it is. The highlight was the vinaigrette on the salad, Knockout, probably the best I've had. The waiter even said as much when we ordered.

Rest assured that I've got quite a bit to report from my excellent, excellent meals abroad. Stay tuned.

No comments: