While the eclectic lady is several floors upstairs shaking her head at the styles and price tags, I'm down in Macy's Cellar to see if I can find a cheap-ass splatter screen. $20 for an Oxo? Too much. I'm going to try Chinatown.
Since I'm here, and there's no telling whether K's trying anything on, I sidle up to Wolfgang Puck's sushi bar. First thing I notice: "Happy Hour / Monday - Friday / 5 - close / Sushi Rolls 1/2 price." Score.
I order the freshwater eel and avocado, along with the yellowtail and green onion. 12 pieces of sushi, $7 with tip. (Also I notice that miso soup is $2; beer pints are $3 to $4.) Just as I'm polishing off the pickled ginger, Kristen taps my shoulder and lets me know she's getting a cookie across the food court. "Wait for me," I say, paying.
By the time I look up she's already at the cookie counter. She buys me the Mexican chocolate chip, which has cinnamon. I love her so.
No need to elaborate on the ambience or the warmth of the staff. ("I'm tired. I need a new job," I heard the head waiter exclaim. Join the club, buddy.) What could you possibly expect? It's pretty good and fresh and you're in the basement of Macy's, undermining Wolfgang Puck by hitting happy hour. Check it out before theater or while waiting for the ladies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
not sure now whether it was 12 pieces or 16. i ate them up in a few minutes.
Don't you remember the last time you went to Chinatown for a bargain on an implement? Need I say the words "channel knife"?
happy to report that i swung by Kamei earlier today and scored my 13-inch splatter screen for two whole dollars. yes, $2. bargain mission accomplished.
Post a Comment